French considered and asset
The New Brunswick Legal Services Commission is a Crown Corporation within the Government of New Brunswick entity and maintains the same Pay Scales, Benefits and Pension Plan than those offered by the Province of New Brunswick.
The New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission is seeking an individual to provide financial administrative support services for the Public Trustee Services branch. The successful candidate will work closely with the Trust Officers to ensure timely and accurate recording of revenue and expenditures for all clients. The successful candidate must be detail-oriented and able to deal with large volumes of transactions on a timely basis. He/She must be able to identify inconsistencies, propose solutions, and escalate issues when necessary. Responsibilities include processing of client deposits and expenditures, bank reconciliations, maintenance of spreadsheets and databases, supporting branch staff, monthly reporting, and related duties as assigned by the Senior Trust Officer.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- One year post-secondary administrative/financial training;
- Three years of related experience in processing administrative and financial transactions;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience with data entry;
- Written and spoken competence in English is essential. Please state your language capability.
- Written and spoken competence in French is a strong asset. Please state your language capability.
- Accounts payable processing experience;
- Bank reconciliation experience.
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Concern for order;
- Information seeking;
- Client Service Orientation;
- Teamwork and cooperation.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with skill level and experience:
NBLASC ADMINISTRATIVE SERIES I
$1,436 - $1,741 biweekly
Applicants interested in this opportunity must send their resume by March 24, 2021.
Apply Online or:
Mail resume to:
New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission
PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
Att: Human Resources
Financial Officer Competition
501-500 Beaverbrook Court
Fredericton, NB E3B 5X4
Email resume to
Please state "Financial Officer Competition" in your email.
Note: To be given consideration under this competition, applicants are required to demonstrate on their application how, when, and where they acquired the qualifications required for this position. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment. We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.