French considered an asset
The New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission (NBLASC) is seeking an individual for a permanent full time position as Intake Officer / Administrative Assistant (Family Law Services) in the Fredericton Regional office.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Primarily act as frontline contact for intake services to the public, screen requests in person and on the phone based on NBLASC scope of service and financial criteria, explain requirements to applicants and direct clients towards the appropriate services as required, shares responsibility for greeting public;
- Provide legal administrative support services to staff lawyers such as ensuring that files are current and court dates are noted, preparation of legal documents (correspondence, transcriptions, motions, affidavits, trial records, and any other documents as requested), etc;
- Book intake appointments, interview applicants for intake applications to complete comprehensive assessment of eligibility for legal aid services and ensure follow-up;
- Process intake applications with the case management system and the use of other applications, coordinate with staff and private lawyers to assign files;
- Liaise with members of the private bar and judiciary as required;
- Perform other administrative tasks as needed.
- Completion of a 2 years post-secondary training in a related field;
- A minimum of two years of related experience;
- Knowledge of Court/law office practices and procedures;
- Written and spoken competence in English (Please state your language capability).
- Written and spoken competence in French (Please state your language capability).
- High proficiency in the area of office technology and MS Suite (Word, Excel, etc. );
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Client Service Orientation;
- Concern for order;
- Information seeking;
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with skill level and experience:
NBLASC ADMINISTRATIVE SERIES II
$1,604 - $1,948 biweekly
Applicants interested in this opportunity must send their resume by July 4, 2021.
Apply Online or:
Mail resume to:
New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission
PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
Att: Human Resources
Intake/Admin, Fredericton Competition
501-500 Beaverbrook Court
Fredericton, NB E3B 5X4
Email resume to
Please state "Intake/Admin, Fredericton Competition" in your email.
Note: To be given consideration under this competition, applicants are required to demonstrate on their application how, when, and where they acquired the qualifications required for this position. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment. We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.