The New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission is seeking a highly motivated individual for a Human Resource Manager position. Candidates must be bilingual and possess knowledge of human resource related legislations, policies and procedures.
The Human Resources Manager has the role of providing and managing, on a provincial level, Human Resources services.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services/Chief Financial Officer, the incumbent is responsible to plan and oversee human resources programs and activities for the organization; to support the development of the management team and the development of the Corporate Services. In cooperation with the Director of Corporate Services, s/he identifies and proposes solutions on human resource and labour relations issues of all types.
S/he is a member of the Senior Management team, providing strategic advice in determining the human resources’ programmatic needs and priorities. The incumbent must place a high priority on discharging the duties of the position in a manner that ensures confidentiality at all times.
- Completion of a University Degree in Human Resources/Industrial Relations/Business Administration or a related program;
- Six (6) years of progressively more responsible human resources development/management experience;
- Written and spoken competence in English and French (Please state your language capability).
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation;
- Experience in Recruitment and Labour Relation;
- Experience chairing Behavioural Event Interviews;
- Experience in a legal environment.
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Analytical Thinking / Judgment;
- Client Service Orientation;
- Impact and Influence;
- Relationship Building;
- Coaching and Team Development;
- Result Oriented;
- Organizational Awareness;
- Strategic Thinking
Travel throughout the province and possession of a valid driver’s license may be required.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with skill level and experience:
NBLASC PAY BAND 6:
$2,564 - $3,411 biweekly
Applicants interested in this opportunity must send their resume by June 6, 2021.
Apply Online or:
Mail resume to:
New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission
PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
Att: Human Resources
Human Resources Manager Competition
501-500 Beaverbrook Court
Fredericton, NB E3B 5X4
Email resume to
Please state "Human Resources Manager Competition" in your email.
Note: To be given consideration under this competition, applicants are required to demonstrate on their application how, when, and where they acquired the qualifications required for this position. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment. We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.